death to short hairs // long hair emos 2013
Very Secretary - “Under A Rug”
Koji/Dads Northeast Tour
Koji and Dads are teaming up for a northeast tour in late November and early December. Koji will be performing with a backing band as he gears up for the release of his debut full-length due early next year via Run For Cover Records. NJ’s Dads are supporting their recent LP ‘American Radass (This is important)’ that came out this past summer via Flannel Gurl Records.
Nov 28th New Paltz, NY @ SUNY New Paltz w/ Paul Baribeau
Nov 29th Boston, MA @ TBA
Nov 30th East Hartford, CT @ The Cave
Dec 1st Amityville, NY @ The Spotlight
Dec 2nd Purchase NY @ Suny Purchase
Dec 3rd Montclair NJ @ The Meatlocker
Dec 4th Philadelphia PA @ Mt. Thrashmore
If all goes to plan, we will finish our LP this weekend. Its been a long, wild process, but we’re beyond excited about everything we’ve put together and are stoked to show you all it.
Although the album won’t come out till next year now, we’re still going to be hitting the road in October to get down to THE FEST 11 in Gainesville. Our favorite two piece, Slingshot Dakota will be joining us for most of the dates. See you all there?
- Oct 5 - New Patlz NY @ Mosh Depot
- Oct 7 - Stevens Institute of Technology w/ Tigers Jaw, Kitty Pryde, LVL UP
- Oct 17 - Boston MA @ After Hours @ Northeastern University w/ Slingshot Dakota, A Great big Pile of Leaves
- Oct 18 - Lowell MA @ Hookslide Kelly’s w/ Oiser Bed, Hotel Year, My Fictions
- Oct 19 - Brooklyn NY @ Topshelf Records CMJ Party w/ Slingshot Dakota, Diamond Youth, A Great Big Pile of Leaves, Prawn
- Oct 20 - Purcahse NY @ SUNY Purchase w/ Slingshot Dakota, Sirs, Ape Up
- Oct 21 - Hartford CT @ Webster Underground w/ Make Do and Mend, Into It. Over It., Hostage Calm, Slingshot Dakota
- Oct 22 - Richmond VA @ Strange Matter w/ Slingshot Dakota
- Oct 23 - Columbia SC @ Unit One Art Space w/ Slingshot Dakota
- Oct 24 - Atlanta @ Under The Couch w/ Laura Stevenson & The Cans, The Wild, Slingshot Dakota
- Oct 25 - Gainesville FL @ The Laboratory w/ You blew it, Dikimbe, Run Forever, Slingshot Dakota
- Oct 26/27 - Gainesville FL @ THE FEST
- Oct 28 - Birmingham AL @ The Forge w/ Slingshot Dakota
- Oct 29 Louisville KY @ Nelligan Hall w/ Slingshot Dakota
- Oct 30 - Akron OH @ It’s a Kling Thing w/ Slingshot Dakota, City Cop
- Oct 31 - Washington DC @ Casa Fiesta w/ Slingshot Dakota, Saintseneca, Emperor X
- Nov 1 - Philadelphia @ The Barbary w/ Saintseneca, Emperor X, Slingshot Dakota, Glocca Mora
- Nov 2 - Montclair NJ @ The Meatlocker w/ Slingshot Dakota
Owls - “Anyone Can Have A Good Time”
We fall into patterns too quickly.
Leaf Routines - “Fuck The Haters”
We are playing some cool guy gigs with our friends Brave Bird and Pity Sex this weekend. If you need an excess information please feel free to email us at theworldisa at gmail dot com or message us on tumblr. We are more likley to check email though.
One Hundred Year Ocean - 1576
“all cities are coffins for street signs and bicycles. where parents and cops are the same thing, like your first kiss and first cigarette.
Foxing - “Old Songs”
I recently posted how Send Away Stranger is doing a split with Foxing on Carucage Records and I’m now really excited to be able to post some stuff about Foxing. Foxing is a band from St. Louis that has ex-members of Family Might and Badgerhunt, amongst other bands. They just put out this debut 3-song EP and it’s really awesome! “Friendly Homes” is too great and is a mix of slowcore bands like C-Clamp with subtle noodly guitars without being overbearing. They definitely get the “write solid songs with cool guitar parts” versus “write cool guitar parts and hope it turns into a song” thang. With multi-vocals and lots of part changes, they’re definitely a positive change in the modern emo “scene” where most bands sound a like and just noodle and riff for the sake of it, so check these fellas out!